Pots and buttons
A basic DART controller can be created connecting up to 6 modifiers directly to the Arduino board. This is a good starting point to understand the basics of the DART DIY system 🙂
- Upload the latest Dart_Sketch to the Arduino board
- Arduino Leonardo(recommended) is automatically recognized ad a MIDI device, after sketch uploading.
- Arduino UNO requires a special procedure, after sketch uploading, to get MIDI2USB functionality
- Pots and buttons are autodetected, so they will control CC or NOTE messages
- Use the Dart editor to monitor the MIDI activity.
- The modifiers can be connected to any of the six Analog inputs
- Buttons, toggle switches, rotary potentiometes, slide faders can be connected as follows.
Signs of life!
Testings with the DART_Editor
- Download and start the DART_Editor
- remember to select the right MIDI IN and OUT port at program start up…
- The DART unit is signaled as “DART” or “Arduino Leonardo” in the port list.
- Any action on the modifiers is now producing a sound effect.
- Take a look at the MIDI-monitor section:
- any action on the modifiers is now controlling a MIDI signal