- The DART_MOBO is an Arduino shield designed to create MIDI / DMX / HID controllers.
- 48 modifiers (pots, buttons, sensors…) can be connected to its INPUT pins.
- 32 LEDs can be connected to its OUTPUT pins.
- 2 encoders can be connected, to realize high resolution jogwheels/spinners
- 2 touchsensors can be handled.
- It can be connected to DART_CONTROLBOARD modules.
- It can host the circuitry for MIDI In / Out over DIN conectors and for DMX Out
- Arduino UNO and Arduino Leonardo boards are supported.
- the MIDI over USB functionality is immediately available after sketch uploading on the Arduino Leonardo board; a special procedure is required for UNO boards.
INPUT / OUTPUT numbering:
This is the numbering of the input and output pins present on the Dart_mobo.
Six 4051 multiplexers are used for the 48 inputs.
Four 595 shifers are used for the 32 outputs.
It is possible to add 8 EXTRA INPUTS.
- Upload the DART_SKETCH to the Arduino board (UNO or Leonardo).
- Follow the DIY_TIPS to start adding modifiers and expansions to the circuit.
Use the DART_EDITOR to configure your DIY controller.
The start screen reproduces the layout of the inputs as they are arranged on the board.
DARTMOBO DIY PCB
- For single face DIY PCB, jumpers must be added to complete the circuit…
in the following illustration is a simplified view of the placement on the board of the different comonents according to their function.
- Up to seven 4051-mutiplexers can be surface soldered.
- DMX circuit section.
- Main ENCODER connection pads.
- MIDI output connection pads.
- +5v Power, GND and signal pads to control external LED modules.
- +5v power pads.
- Flanged nuts are placed here, to screw the Arduino board.
- Signal pads to control external 4051 modules.
- Backlight LEDs pads.
- Trimmer section for touch sensitivity control.
- MIDI-in circuit.
- Up to 56 modifiers can be directly wired to these pads.
- IDC transition headers can also be soldered here to easily connect controlboard modules.
- Up to four 74hc595 can be placed here, to control LEDs,
relays or any +5v compatible actuator
- GND pads.
- Up to 32 LEDs can be wired here.
- IDC transition headers can be used to access external modules
Dimensions and signal lines
DARTMOBO on a breadboard
The basic circuit of the DART_MOBO can also be assembled on a breadboard using DIP components, wich are easy to find.
the illustration shows a complete system for 48 inputs and 32 outputs.
It is a convenient solution for teaching or experimentation.
take a look at the diy guides
DART_mobo – DIY PCB examples