- This is a set of makerspace-friendly solutions to create DIY jogwheels and spinners for DJ use.
- Download and 3dprint the models that best fit the chosen box
- The 3dmodels are designed for 8x7x22 ABEC11 (skateboard type) bearings.
|Bearing support v5|
|Bearing support v6 – ultra thin|
|Bearing supports + coupling connector V1|
|Flexible encoder strip|
|Bearing support v2|
|Coupling connector V3 M8 half-to-M6half – 3D model|
|Coupling connector V2 M8-to-M6half – 3D model|
- A flexible strip is used to fasten the encoder to the central axis, it protects the encoder from excessive mechanical stress.
- The flxible strip can be laser cut from a polypropilene sheet.
- Different coupling connector 3d models are provided.
- it’s highly suggested to strengthen the encoder on a small pcb.
- Alps-ec12e2430804 is the encoder used here.
- The central axis is a 35mm M8 screw
Touch sensing transmission
- Capacitive sensing is transmitted by the bearing and by all other metallic parts.
- The touch sensor wire is directly soldered to the bearing.
3D printed supports
- Designed for skateboard type bearings – 8x22x7mm
- Different 3D models are provided – choose the one that’s best for your personal project
Touch wheel surface
- A metallic plate is screwed up to the central axis
- A plasic contour is used to strengthen the Touch plate and to create a non touchsensitive border
- Pentagonal plate and contour are CNC milled
- CNC files are not provided – DIYers will shape their own models 😉